FINAT is the European association for the self-adhesive label industry. It also covers adjacent narrow-web product decoration and identification technologies. It provides a networking platform for converters, suppliers and indirect suppliers. It represent Members' interests, provides a central source for industry information and offers education and technical publications. FINAT represents the label industry at EU level and works to establish and maintain industry-related best practices, standards and test methods. It provides a global communication platform for regional and national associations worldwide.
As the representative of the UK label industry, BPIF Labels sits on the FINAT National Associations Board through which we are able to communicate with our peer associations across Europe and work together on mutually beneficial initiatives and co-ordinating a European approach to best practice, test methodology and standards.
BPIF Labels keeps members informed of FINAT initiatives and distributes summaries of the National Associations Board Meetings. It is an invaluable source of information to Members.
- Materials Cost Index Reports BPIF Labels issue a quarterly cost index report on pressure sensitive materials. The 'Members only' report is extremely valuable in tracking the progression of self-adhesive laminate costs across Europe and references the cost progression since the 2007 start point.
- Good Manufacturing Practice Guides BPF Labels works with leading converters and industry suppliers to produce good manufacturing practice guides. The guides are issued free to Members and are updated as required to reflect current best practice.
- Zero Labels 2 Landfill / Zero Foil 2 Landfill The only waste management schemes in the UK that are exclusively operated within the printing industry, aimed at eliminating label waste being sent to landfill.
- Wage Benchmarking Survey BPIF Labels - Wage Benchmarking Survey has been designed specifically to benchmark pay for a selection of occupations in the label sector.
- Sector data The following data has been extracted from the Office for National Statistics – it estimates that the value of UK Manufactured self-adhesive labels in 2017 was £816 million.
- Membership Services BPIF offer over 200 industry specific products & services to help your business reach its full potential.
- Specialist Services Trusted Independent Experts. BPIF provide expert industry specific advice so you can develop and grow a sustainable and profitable business. Whatever your size or budget we can offer a practical value-adding solution.
- Industry Involvement BPIF monitor the political agenda and identify threats and challenges to the industry. Our work has secured funding and legislative change worth millions to the industry. In addition we provide independent and relevant research used by the industry and government.
- Member Downloads