FINAT #LABELicious Update
As Jules Lejeune, Managing Director of FINAT, reported in his previous #LABELicious update a month ago, the registration for the #LABELicious students' and young professionals competition closed on the 15th May 2019.
He has provided an update.
"Although we just missed our target of 100 registered competition profiles, I am pleased to report that upon closing the registration, we received 93 completed registration forms, broken down as follows in the week of the Eurovision song contest:
Country and number of profiles
Belgium 20 Spain 13 Greece 11 United Kingdom 9 Turkey 7 Italy 5 Cyprus 4
Netherlands 4 Germany 3 Poland 3 Austria 2 Slovakia 2 Bulgaria 1 Denmark 1
Estonia 1 France 1 Hungary 1 Ireland 1 Malta 1 Norway 1 Slovenia 1 Sweden 1
It should be no surprise that the number of entries is highest in those countries where we had active support from a local partner (a label company and/or a national association) and one or more education institutes. In other countries, registrations were probably triggered by our paid social media campaign which has resulted in enormous visibility via Instagram and Facebook.
Thanks to all of you for your support so far!! In case you have done special activities related to #LABELicious, do not hesitate to share your reports (preferably with visuals of video) with Bert and me to make sure our exposure is maximized.
To date, 46 entries have been submitted, broken down as follows:
• Smart technology (hosted by platinum partner Gallus): 22 entries
• Brand design (hosted by platinum partner by HP): 18 entries
• Sustainability (hosted by platinum partner Avery Dennison): 6 entries
Bert is presently validating the entries received and reaching out to all competition registrants who have not yet submitted their entry and we will give them till 31 May to follow up their registration by actually submitting their entry.
1. Bert will prepare an online (website) as well as offline (ppt) platform for the pre-judging of entries (face to face in Copenhagen) and subsequent (online) judging by a panel of experts including some of the partners in the month(s) after the FINAT ELF in Copenhagen.
2. For countries with a substantial local number of entries, we may provide the opportunity to also have a national winner by popular online vote over the summer.
3. We will continue to update the Labelicious website with interesting content building up the tension in the run up to the announcement of the winners at Labelexpo - as mentioned earlier, input from you as partners is most welcome!
4. Once the winners are known, we will commence preparations for the announcement at Labelexpo Europe at the end of September.
5. During Labelexpo, we will have a press conference in the main auditorium to announce the winners (date and time to be confirmed). Throughout Labelexpo, #Labelicious will feature prominently at the extended dedicated section on the FINAT stand in Hall 11.
6. At the show, a video featuring winning entries will be shown
7. Post Labelexpo PR will be arranged.
8. At the Board and committee meetings in October, we will evaluate the competition and see how we should use this experience to continue our effort to reach out to students and young professionals. Some schools have already approached us about this!"
Jules will be back with more news after the FINAT European Label Forum in Copenhagen, where he hopes to see many of you!