Funding competition – ISCF Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging Demonstrators – EoI
The below is taken from the GOV.UK website.
UK registered businesses can apply for a share of up to £16 million for bold and ambitious demonstrator projects in smart and sustainable plastic packaging. This funding is from the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund.
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £16 million from the Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging Programme to support projects that demonstrate innovation at a commercial scale.
The aim of this competition is to address widely known problems in relation to plastic packaging for consumer products. Your proposal must include significant industry investment.
This is stage 1 of a 2-stage competition. The stages are:
- Expression of interest (this stage): evaluated by the SSPP team and independent assessment by Innovate UK. There is no funding in this stage.
- Full stage application. This will be by invitation only to applicants who are successful in the EoI stage through the Innovation Funding Service and will include independent assessment by Innovate UK, with an independent Environmental Impact Assessment and, if relevant, an Engineering Assessment.
Innovate UK expects to invest in up to 3 practical demonstrators at the full stage competition.Your project must demonstrate an idea at commercial scale which:
- improves the sustainability of the plastic packaging supply chain
- helps deliver the targets of the UK Plastics Pact
- utilises innovation in design, technology, processes, business models, supply chains or data for plastic packaging
- embeds a whole-systems approach to plastic packaging sustainability, considering environmental, economic, and social factors
In applying, you are entering into a competitive process.
This competition closes at 11am UK time on the deadline stated below.
Competition opens: Wednesday 10 February 2021
Competition closes: Wednesday 24 March 2021 11:00am
You can find out more information and apply by clicking here.