BPF Labels works with leading converters and industry suppliers to produce good manufacturing practice guides. The guides are issued free to Members and are updated as required to reflect current best practice.
Two guides are in current circulation, one covering the printing of labels and related packaging for the food, drinks and the sensitive product sectors. This is effectively a management tool for the minimisation of migration, organoleptic changes and contamination.
This guide is developed for companies which manufacture labels and related packaging products, intended to come into contact with food, or that could be brought into contact with food, or that could be the source of chemical migration into food. Contact with food covers intimate contact, direct, indirect and transient contact. The traditional approach of primary and secondary packaging is no longer applicable.
The narrow web manufacturing guide covers best practice for self-adhesive label and narrow web converters This publication contains guidelines on "best practice" in label and narrow web printing.
It is based on occupational health and safety. It is aimed towards, employers, managers and specialists, as well as all employees and suppliers engaged in the sector. The aim of the guide is to inform about the safe use of solvents and, where possible, their substitution as well as the and proper use of UV inks.
It also seeks to address key health and safety issues. It also describes the requirements for explosion protection and the technical safety measures to be implemented when designing workplaces for label printing. In addition to the industry solutions described, the guide also gives practical advice for determining hazards and assessing risks.
- Materials Cost Index Reports BPIF Labels issue a quarterly cost index report on pressure sensitive materials. The 'Members only' report is extremely valuable in tracking the progression of self-adhesive laminate costs across Europe and references the cost progression since the 2007 start point.
- FINAT Membership FINAT is the European association for the self-adhesive label industry.
- Zero Labels 2 Landfill / Zero Foil 2 Landfill The only waste management schemes in the UK that are exclusively operated within the printing industry, aimed at eliminating label waste being sent to landfill.
- Wage Benchmarking Survey BPIF Labels - Wage Benchmarking Survey has been designed specifically to benchmark pay for a selection of occupations in the label sector.
- Sector data The following data has been extracted from the Office for National Statistics – it estimates that the value of UK Manufactured self-adhesive labels in 2017 was £816 million.
- Membership Services BPIF offer over 200 industry specific products & services to help your business reach its full potential.
- Specialist Services Trusted Independent Experts. BPIF provide expert industry specific advice so you can develop and grow a sustainable and profitable business. Whatever your size or budget we can offer a practical value-adding solution.
- Industry Involvement BPIF monitor the political agenda and identify threats and challenges to the industry. Our work has secured funding and legislative change worth millions to the industry. In addition we provide independent and relevant research used by the industry and government.
- Member Downloads